I made it into the Arcade Gacha Event last night and first machine I headed to was the D!va Gacha. I so wanted this hair and would have been happy with the regular Onyx, which I did get and then on the next pull got the RARE! It has bows in it with a plethora of color options. Needless to say, I quit while I was ahead…on the D!va machine that is 🙂 The 1st Anniversary of the Arcade Gacha Event runs through the end of this month so you have time to grab your must haves.
While setting up for this shoot I received a e-mail via my phone that Strawberry had a new Meme Challenge posted. It’s all about windlight and since I love playing with windlight settings I decided to incorporate it here in this post.
Meme instructions: Answer the following questions about windlight settings and share some that you’ve created yourself. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in this meme’s comments.
1. Do you use windlight while taking pictures? If not, why not? I did not even know about windlight until I started using the old Kirsten’s viewer over 2 years ago. Now I can’t imagine taking a picture without it.
2. When taking a closeup snapshot for a profile picture, which windlight preset do you use most often? I really don’t have a go to windlight. It depends on the setting, outfit, etc. I play around with them until I get the look I am going for. I use the Nam’s Optimal Skin and Prim windlight for everyday, which is also used in the above photo, just tweaked a tad. You can see a larger photo here.
3. Which windlight presets do you use for full body portraits? Again, it depends on the look I am going for. Of course this takes me longer to put up a post as a couple of hours may be spent going through the windlight settings but I don’t mind.
4. If you do landscape photography, which windlights do you use for that most often? Landscapes are really enjoyable for me. This includes my home & garden posts as well. I can go all out with light and shadow playing. There is not any particular setting used as I go through a lot of them and I play with all the sliders until the look/mood feels right.
5. Do you have any tricks or tips that you could share for using Windlight effectively? LOL. Me? Lord, I am still learning from all you young whipper snappers and to tell you the truth it is a lot of fun. Heads up all you fellow bloggers…I
stalk read a lot of your blogs/tutorials.
6. Have you created any windlights that you would be willing to share with us? I wouldn’t even know how to begin to do that lol. Have you got a tutorial on that one Berry? If I EVER get to that point I most certainly will share.
Cougar’s Shopping List :
Hair: D!va – Giz B-4 Rare for Arcade Gacha Event
Jewelry: EarthStones – Diamond Studs ‘Pear’ , Laraine Necklace ‘Diamond/Platinum’