Use to be there was just a handful of events that occurred every year on the grid and I looked forward to those with great anticipation. These days it seems there is a new event opening up every week and I have come to the realization that I am all evented (is that a word ?) out. There is no way I can blog everything I purchase at events, nor do I want to, and still have a Second Life.
PeepSideshow Darkward has issued a throw down to all bloggers be it fashion, home and garden, etc. to blog a complete outfit, garden, or room using items not purchased at an event. I happily took up the challenge as visiting my favorite stores is still my preferred shopping experience.
Rules? Of course there are rules silly. They are as follows and taken from Peep’s post:
1. You can’t wear or show anything purchased during an event, but you can use an item originally from an event that you later purchased in the creator’s store after the event was over (in world or on Marketplace).
2. You can use sales items, but not if it was part of an organised sales event (think Fifty Linden Friday or The Neighbourhood).
3. You can use review items, but only if they were for a general release and not for an event.
4. Group or store gifts are ok.
5. Hunt gifts are NOT ok (a hunt is an event, remember? 😉 )
6. If you wear something everyday that you purchased from an event, like your skin, a tattoo or your eyes, you can wear that. (I had to throw in that exception because I bought my skin as a Skin Fair exclusive lol).
7. Leave a link to your post in the comments of my blog so I can go
perve check out your uneventful life!
I will continue to shop at events, my favorite stores, and I will continue to perv you, my favorite bloggers to see what treasures you have found on you shopping forays. You inspire me ya know. 🙂 Be kind to one another. TWMA 🙂
I would like to thank :
*ARGRACE* : MIZUKI ‘black’
Tuli Skins : Claire Radiance ‘Bronze’ & makeup
Blacklace Beauty : Pout Lip Gloss
Gizza : Erika Halterneck Dress ‘Floral’
Lazuri : Gold Bangles, Gold Earrings ‘Group Gifts’
Eudora 3D : Harker Heels for Slink High Feet
Slink : AvEnhanced Casual Hands and High Feet
Candy Nail : French Nails ‘A’ Basic Collection Appliers for Slink
Manifeste Poses : Model 201 – no longer available
**I certify that everything listed herein was purchased in store and not at or during a event or sale.