I have been a tall gal ever since I sat upon the first ballroom pose with a male companion. It gave a whole new meaning to dancing on air lol. When I took a modeling course a couple of years back I grew even taller. Depending on the height calculator (every one of them has a different number) I am between 7’3″ – 7’6″, so I am way over the average female according to height, but I don’t mind being heads above the norm. I gots a clear view 🙂
When I read Strawberry Singh new meme I will admit I did a double take of my arms to see if I had the T-rex thing goin on, and yeah after looking at myself from all angles I had come to the conclusion that I did have that syndrome going on a bit. I never really paid that much attention but then again all I needed was a slight adjustment. So to the rack I went after reading many tutorials and many blogs, hence the lateness of this post.
So on to the meme…
Meme instructions: Share your avatar’s digits (if you want to, not necessary) and then copy paste the following questions and answers into your post, remove my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to share your link in the comments of this post and if you decide to share your numbers, the flickr group for the Digits challenge is here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/digits
Proportions Challenge Questions:
- Do you try and keep your avatar’s body proportionate and similar to the “average” proportions pictured above? – I obviously didn’t copy the pic but no I don’t. I love being tall and feel as long as my proportions are in sync with my height I am good.
- What do you dislike the most about the SL avatar mesh? – The feet. I have always disliked the feet but now with mesh I don’t worry about it anymore. My hands well I personally don’t think they are that bad. I won’t get mesh hands until the update for my skin color comes out cause it is just to frickin hard to match. I may be waiting a looooooooooooong time lol.
- Does it bother you when you see other avatars that are not proportionate at all? – Oh I have my peeves lol, but I say to each his own. I am sure there are those that think I am way to tall but that is their problem, not mine. This is SL after all and one can look like what ever they want.
- Even though this is a virtual world and people can be anything they want to be, do you feel when they are in human form, they should try to keep their proportions close to average? Again, absolutely not. Have you looked around in 1st life? I don’t see a whole lot of average lol.
Now just for fun, for all the tall peeps out there I have some comeback answers to questions you may encounter about your height.
“Why are you so tall?’
1. My mom fed me Miracle-grow.
2. My parents left me out in the rain.
“Wow, you’re so tall !”
1. My oh my, I never knew that ! Thanks for pointing that out.
2. How long have you had that scalp problem?
3. You have bird poop on your head.
“Just how tall are you?”
1. 5 foot and 24 inches.
2. 7′ and a bit and worth the climb 😛
(Man asking a tall woman) “Do you ever get mistaken for a man?”
1. No, do you?
2. Only when I kick a man’s a@@.
“You should be a model.”
1. Thank you
2. Thank you
3. Thank you
Hair : Truth Hair – ‘Haven black’
Dress : Baiastice – ‘Aida Dress blue’
Feet – GOS Boutique – Barefeet arched
Pose :.la petite morte – sweet dreams (I combined 3 pose clouds for this effect)